Sunday, August 28, 2011

RIPPED WITH RHYTHM CHRISTOPHER GAINES IS CHAMPION

See Christopher Gaines busting a move at the Musclemania America Championships.


 
Describe your training and nutrition(In/Off-Season).

Training
            Initially, my training centered on getting my body used to lifting heavy loads again. Now that my base muscle conditioning is settled, my training regime is focused on rebuilding the mass I had been losing over the past few years. My current In-Season training regimen is:
Focus: 3-week programs, with emphasized muscle groups trained 3 days/week
Frequency: 2 resistance training sessions/day, 5 days/week
Intensity: Generally 6-10 rep range per exercise
Recovery: 45s-90s recovery between supersets; weekly massages; TRX stretching routine to maintain joint mobility and tissue health
Cardio: road cycling and Kettlebell intervals
Fun: Truck pushing and pulling 2 days/week
 
Nutrition
            Food is the center of it all.  Sundays are dedicated to shopping and cooking. I make homemade beef or chicken broth to flavor my food during the week.  Breakfast is always savory steel cut oats with chicken. Meals throughout the rest of the day include chicken and broccoli/asparagus with avocado for fat.  My snack in between meals during the day is almond butter.  My only supplement right now is fish oil in the morning, afternoon and night.  I stay on this strict diet for 3-5 days, then have a refeeding day in which I will increase my carbohydrate intake and cut out my avocado or almond butter.
            Off-Season, my focus is to increase my caloric intake from 3,000 to 6,000.  I plan on doing this as “cleanly” as possible, by adding in more whole foods like yams, squash and beans to my diet.
  

Tell us about  your business:
PerformanceGaines is a local SF Bay Area athletic training business which prides itself on delivering the very best in sport-specific, positional physical training and coaching in the Peninsula. Founded in 2009, PerformanceGaines is establishing itself as the premier independent physical fitness training business for local high school and college sports teams. Optimize your team’s physical fitness achievements and minimize athlete injury with PerformanceGaines’ custom strength and conditioning programs. Results are guaranteed. 

Additionally Christopher is Personal Training Manager for Equinox Fitness.

Follow us on Facebook and get more fitness tips at BBINTMAGAZINE.COM

BBINT Magazine
##

No comments:

Post a Comment